AIRduino and AIRdongle Bundle
AIRduino and AIRdongle are designed to work together. AIRduino is basically an Arduino Uno with 2.4G RF connectivity. This 2.4G connectivity can be used to upload firmware (sketch, in Arduino term) to AIRduino. Everything works in the same ways as with the official Arduino Uno, except that the USB cable connecting the PC to Arduino is replaced by a 2.4G RF link. This is extremely useful in case AIRduino has to be placed far away from the PC. It is also very useful when working with multiple AIRduinos.
AIRduino and AIRdongle each has a sophisticated designed block on board, which provides the transparent serial port connection over 2.4G RF. The block contanins an STM32 MCU, a NRF24L01+ RF transceiver, and an RF frontend IC (power amplifier and LNA). With future firmware upgrade to the STM32 MCU, more features are going to be added. For example, it will be possible to send and receive 2.4G RF packets from the AIRduino sketch via I2C.
AIRdongle works on the PC side. When AIRdongle is connected to the PC via USB, it will emulate into two serial ports. One is for the Arduino IDE, which is the same as the serial port that appears when connecting the official Arduino UNO port. This port can be used to upload sketches, or used with the Serial Monitor in Arduino IDE. The other serial port is an command line console, which could be used by experienced users to configure AIRdongle and AIRduino, customize RF parameters, or upgrade the firmware of the STM32 MCUs on the AIRongle and AIRduino.
- Transparent serial port over 2.4G RF
- Fully compatible with Arduino IDE
- Ongoing development of oncoming features
- 2.4GHz ISM band operation 2.400 – 2.4835GHz
- 250kbps, 1Mbps, 2Mbps on air RF data rates
- Up to 100mW transmission
- Up to 1000m line of sight connectivity
- Loaded with latest bootloader for Arduino UNO
- Pinout is identical with Arduino UNO R3
- Machine Assembled
In the Package
- A fully tested and assembled AIRduino
- A fully tested and assembled AIRdongle
- Two pieces of 2.4G antenna
- A USB mini cable about 1m in length
- A clip which could be mounted on the back of AIRdongle